Ok I have never done a "meme" before so bear with me. But I found a list of America's 25 Most Visited Tourist Sites and thought it would be interesting to start one based on it. So bold the places you have been to. I believe the numbers are the average amount of people per year.
1. Times Square, New York City, NY - 35 million
Been to NY countless times growing up and been through here a bunch to hit up the Broadway shows, although never really stopped there
2. The Las Vegas Strip, Las Vegas, NV - 31 million
Plans are in the works to go soon
3. National Mall and Memorial Parks, Washington DC - 24 million
Been here quite a few times, love the monuments and the history
4. Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston, MA - 20 million
Geo trip to GSA, wandered around the city and ended up here.
5. Disney World's Magic Kingdom, Lake Buena Vista, FL - 17.1 million
6. Disneyland Park, Anaheim, CA - 14.9 million
7. Fisherman's Warf/ Golden Gate National Recreation Area, San Francisco, CA - 14 million
8. Niagara Falls, NY - 12 million
I used to live 20 minutes away
9. Great Smoky Mountains National Park, TN/NC - 9.4 million
Beautiful scenery, loved camping here
10. Navy Pier, Chicago, IL - 8.6 million
11. Lake Mead National Recreation Area, AR/NV - 7.6 million
12. Universal Studios/ Islands of Adventure, Orlando, FL - 6.2 million
13. SeaWorld Florida, Orlando, FL - 6 million
14. San Antonio River Walk, TX - 5.1 million
In the top 5 places I would recommend anyone to go.
15. Temple Square, Salt Lake City, UT - 5 million
Ok, I drive by this at least once a week and have yet to stop.
16. Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, PA/NJ - 4.8 million
17. Universal Studios Hollywood, CA - 4.7 million
18. Metropolitan Museum, New York City, NY - 4.5 million
My sister was an art buff growing up and I have been here prolly 20+ times
18. Waikiki Beach, Oahu, HI - 4.5 million
20. Grand Canyon, AZ - 4.41 million
21. Busch Gardens Africa, Tampa Bay, FL - 4.4 million
Been to Busch Gardens VA, does that count?
22. Cape Cod National Seashore, MA - 4.35 million
23. SeaWorld San Diego, CA - 4.26 million
24. American Museum of Natural History, New York City, NY - 4 million
Best museum ever
24. Atlantic City Boardwalk, NJ - 4 million
So 12/25 is not bad, not great but there are many plans in the works to increase this.
I tag ReBecca on this one because I know if she does it it will get around.