Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Geology of the National Parks in Pictures - Arches

The next up on my tour of the National Parks in pictures:


The main entrance.

 View across park of the park that is close to the main drive in.

 Some balancing rocks.

 More balancing rocks.

 Myself, my wife, and daughter in front of some rocks.

 Directly in the middle of the photograph was one of the premier arches in the park but it was too much of a hike to get there so we took photos from across the little canyon.

 Another of the arches in the park.

View of me in front of a double arch.

Mental note: Next time I go I need to get more pictures of the actual arches.

You can see the rest of the National Park Pictures at my website.

3 comments:

  1. Rocks? You have Moab Fault, differential weathering, Entrada Formation, anticline, Dewey Bridge Member, salt dome, Jurassic, laccolith, etc. to work with and we get "rocks"?

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to think of it more as pretty pictures of rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For intensive geology tours of Moab's surroundings seek Canyonlands Field Institute 800-860-5262 | 435-259-7750; Plateau Restoration/Moab Geo Tours
    866-202-1847 | 435-259-7733

    ReplyDelete

If you post a link to an unrelated topic (i.e. college prep classes) I will delete your comment as spam. This includes links in your name.

Also, negative unconstructive comments about me, this blog, or other commenters will be viewed as trolling and deleted.

Please only post thoughtful, constructive comments. Views that disagree with mine are welcome as long as they fulfill the previous requirements.