Monday, November 25, 2013

The Star Wars Intro to My Dissertation Defense

As some people may know I have been very busy working on my PhD Dissertation, causing me to rather neglect this blog. I did, however, pass my dissertation defense last Friday (November 22nd), so hopefully I will have a little more free time. The title of my defense was Behavioral evolutionary studies of graphoglyptid trace fossils through the geologic record.



When I give a presentation I like to have a little fun with it. So there were several little jokes and me-isms scattered throughout my defense. The most notable though would be my introductory slide (after the title slide) which played the following clip. I am attaching it here for those of my friends and colleagues who couldn't make it to my defense.



I hope you enjoy it.

3 comments:

If you post a link to an unrelated topic (i.e. college prep classes) I will delete your comment as spam. This includes links in your name.

Also, negative unconstructive comments about me, this blog, or other commenters will be viewed as trolling and deleted.

Please only post thoughtful, constructive comments. Views that disagree with mine are welcome as long as they fulfill the previous requirements.