Sunday, March 19, 2006

My BIRTHDAY!!!!

That's right it the single best day of the year. That's right, its my birthday. (Ok, second to my wedding)I know you are all jealous. And I got the spend it with the most wonderful wife in the world.

We started out going to the neighboring county where the annual Maple Weekend was being held. I ate at a pancake breakfast (Veronica didn't eat do to a diet that was soon thrown by the wayside.

Then we traveled off to see some of the farms. The first one we just followed some signs to a stop because the place we were going to we just drove by since they barely had any signs. They were cool because it was a nice little 3 room shop that sold some candies and had stainless steel equipment. Overall very clean. Then we went back to the shop we drove by and it was a shanty to say the least. Very small but the people were very nice. We went into the room they were boiling the sap and it was soo foggy in their we could barely see. We would have purchased some syrup from there but the guy we were talking to said the sap just started running and that it was the bad stuff. Its the kind of stuff they send to Aunt Jemima. Apparently the big companies only need 1% maple syrup to be considered 100% pure maple syrup.

The next place we went to was an Audubon Museum, it was not a real maple syrup ranch but they had a bunch of activities. But since it was not a real farm we wanted to go to one more so we could get some syrup. We randomly drove down this one road towards a town we knew had a farm where we saw massive smoke that the farms all had so we stopped there. Well that was the best one, they had a good tour, lots of free samples and a snowball gun. Also they had hotdogs cooked in maple sap, which were also very good.

Then we came home to a decorated house that Veronica had her mom and sister decorate the house for me. I then went popping all the balloons looking for prizes and notes in all them. This also came with a giant cookie cake, my first. And like a wonderful wife she watched a geology movie with me, Volcano, that I will go into later. And ending the evening off we went to Olive Garden for some wonderful food.

All in all, a good birthday. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the large number of spam comment (i.e. pretty much all of them). I have turned off commenting. If you have any constructive comments you would like to make please direct them at my Twitter handle @Jazinator. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.