Tuesday, June 14, 2011

State Symbols Across the US - Introduction

It is fairly common knowledge that the individual states in the US like to acknowledge specific items of historic or cultural significance in that state by declaring them the "State ...." whatever (flag, song, rock, etc.). I think some of them have interesting histories and I figured I would catalogue all of them in alphabetical order, starting with Alabama and working my way to Wyoming. I can't promise you one a week but I can try for at least one a month. The lists will most likely include categories like State Rock, State Mineral, State Gemstone, and State Fossil, along with anything else that may be of importance. I think this will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the large number of spam comment (i.e. pretty much all of them). I have turned off commenting. If you have any constructive comments you would like to make please direct them at my Twitter handle @Jazinator. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.