Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Drunk on Geology - Field Assistant Ale

Along with the previous Drunk on Geology post (Lava Cap), another special bottle was produced by the Geological Society of America (GSA) for their 125th anniversary meeting. This one is the Field Assistant Ale by the Left Hand Brewing Company.

The beer is normally the Left Hand Brewing Company's Sawtooth Ale, with a special bottle designed by design agency Moxie Sozo and artist Andrea Oropeza. You can find Andrea's work on her website: http://andoropeza.prosite.com/. Here is what she had to say about the process of creating the bottle:
Project done during my time in Moxie Sozo. I created a label design for the special edition of the Left Hand Brewing Co.'s Sawtooth Ale to celebrate the Geological Society of America's 125th anniversary. It was a quick turn around but in the end everything came out really good. They created coasters, t-shirts and beer labels for the party and for all guests to get one of this special beer with this design.
Thanks to Left Hand and to GSA to make me a part of this experience.
This specific project is outlined here: http://andoropeza.prosite.com/312848/4011082/design/beer-label-design and you can see an image of the label sans bottle bellow (also illustrated in the available sticker).

GSA was giving these out, one per day, do everyone (of legal drinking age) at the conference so I was more than able to get my fair share of it (Thanks GSA!). This specialty bottle was a great addition to the 125th anniversary celebrations. 

If you look at the fourth picture down below, you will notice that they also produced some stickers with the bottle. Well, I have some extra of these stickers. Stickers will be given out to the first 4 people who tweet at me (@Jazinator) "I want to be your field assistant". I will contact those people for their mailing addresses. 





Sticker's available!!! Read directions above on how to obtain one.

Original label design by Andrea Oropeza.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the large number of spam comment (i.e. pretty much all of them). I have turned off commenting. If you have any constructive comments you would like to make please direct them at my Twitter handle @Jazinator. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.