Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Geology in Pop Culture - Disney's California Adventure

Not much in the way of "Geological wonders" in California Adventure in Disneyland, however there is one cool spot in Cars Land. The backdrop of the Radiator Springs Racers ride is the awesome looking panorama, evoking a southern Utah feel to it. They even provide a National Park Service type brochure explaining all of the features.



The Ornament Valley Brochure is below. I tried to do a panorama shot on it but it is really hard to do that on an iPhone for a static picture so I also took an overall picture. They have fantastic references to actual geologic features like "Pipe's Peak", "Mount Ever Rust", "Lincoln Continental Divide", and "Mount Hood".



I also had to take a picture of this sign that I ran by during my Half Marathon that went through part of the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the large number of spam comment (i.e. pretty much all of them). I have turned off commenting. If you have any constructive comments you would like to make please direct them at my Twitter handle @Jazinator. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.